Statement of purpose 1

statement of purpose 3

SAMPLE STATEMENT OF PURPOSE – PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES

SAMPLE STATEMENT OF PURPOSE – PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES


Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” The practice of this aphorism made me diligent besides developing my love towards work. I am Suryatheja, 21 years old. I have completed my Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from the reputed University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences (which is affiliated to Kakatiya University). During the undergraduate program my industry visits and Laboratory practices created more passion in me for Industrial Pharmacy. In order to learn more about the intricacies involved in the area, now I would like to pursue a

Master’s program in Industrial Pharmacy. My long term objective is to see myself as a Scientist in one of the Research and Development organizations. The Role of my Alma Mater, Vidyaranya High School is unforgettable in molding me a unique personality. I had the seeds of an excellent education sown here. I maintained a good rapport with the faculty members, which motivated me towards keen career advancement. I scored 84.83% in the 10th grade. This result filled me with more confidence and left me with a predilection for academics. Next milestone in my academic carrier was “Nava Vignana Bharathi Jr College.” As I looked up to this institution to help me to broaden my ken, I developed a penchant for Chemistry, mathematical and physical sciences, an inclination for problem solving and a desire to know more. Here I was equipped with right level of selfconfidence and maturity.



Fighting off tough competition and being among the top 5% in the EAMCET conducted for about 200,000 students, I managed to secure a seat for Bachelor of Pharmacy in University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, one of the top 5 best colleges in India. This college with its wealth of facilities and faculty kindled the embers of interest into flames that consumed every bit of information provided. My course as a part of undergraduate study has helped me in acquiring a firm footing in topics such as Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and other topics related to pharmaceutical studies comprehensively, taught by highly qualified and competent faculty members, and also through practicals, frequent guest lectures, interaction with industrialists.



As part of Academics, I have undergone one month industrial training program at Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Pvt. Ltd. This program helped me to learn the different aspects of Preparation, Coating of Tablets, Filling of Capsules, ELISA, HPLC, GC, Preparation and evaluation of emulsions, suspensions, creams and pastes, Dissolution and Disintegration studies of tablets. My theoretical knowledge helped me to understand the complexity of practical approach with ease. I also participated in National Pharmacy Week during the Years 2006 & 2007 and attended Indian Pharmaceutical congress, Held in Hyderabad, India and seminars like Computer Based Drug Design, Personality Development Skills.



Industrial Pharmacy is such a branch that any person has a heart to feel and mind to understand its depths and applications, highly diverse as well as expanding by leaps and bounds, cannot resist himself choosing his career in this field. I was very much intrigued by the role of Pharmaceutical sciences in the modern day health care system, I developed high interest to pursuit my graduate studies in Industrial Pharmacy and I find the research work being carried out by some of the most experienced Professors of your faculty is very interesting and promising. I found myself very much interested and attracted to the work being done in your university and realized that the existing graduate program perfectly suits my requirements. I would like to further hone my already existing skills by pursuing graduate studies at your university. I can aver that I possess the basic aptitude, discipline, and perseverance to sustain the motivation and drive needed for my graduate study.

In order to keep myself ahead in Academics, I have got a decent command on MSOffice, Windows and C .I got an opportunity to exhibit my leadership skills when I organized the industrial tour in January 2007. Besides this I won several prizes for participating in Debate, Essay writing and Painting competitions conducted at University level. My participation in seminars: National Pharmacy week (2005, 2006, 2007); Indian Pharmaceutical Congress; Latest trends in Pharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics;Computer based drug design helped to know the future prospectus of the industry. During this period I got an opportunity

to share and develop the knowledge by interacting with the experienced professionals of the industry.



An extremely distinguished faculty, a milieu replete with academic activity and a graduate program that blends high quality course work and research facilities at the cutting edge of every field are the factors that motivated me to choose your university for my graduate studies. After thorough research and speaking to wellplaced alumni, I am convinced that your University seems to be the shortest, the most efficient and effective way to bridge the gap between my ambition and me. I am confident that an MS in Industrial pharmacy at your reputed University would greatly enhance my research expertise, giving me necessary competence and taking me closer to my dream. I wish to be an achiever. I believe that there is only one path to success i.e. hard work combined with determination. It is with this desire and promise that I forward my application for the Masters program in Industrial Pharmacy at your Graduate School. I would be grateful if you can consider my candidature favorably for admission.

Statement of purpose 2